Sunday, October 20, 2013

Favorite Tee-shirt.



"There flowered a White Tree, and that was for Gondor; but Seven Stars were about it, and a high crown above it, the signs of Elendil that no lord had borne for years beyond count. And the Stars flamed in the sunlight, for they were wrought of gems by Arwen daughter of Elrond; and the crown was bright in the morning. for it was wrought of mithril and gold." - J.R.R Tolkein (Lord of the Rings)



When I saw this shirt on pinterest, I knew it was love at first sight. I'm an avid lover off all things Tolkien. Two summers ago I read and devoured the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I couldn't get enough of it. Every page was something new, enchanting, and life changing. Sometimes when I'm having a bad day I just close my eyes and place myself in Middle Earth. I mean why not? I feel Tolkien created the trilogy as something for people to look to. Tolkien has given me the insight that everyday is a battle against good and evil. And the only way to defeat the darkness is not through magic or enchantment. All fear and darkness can be shattered with virtue and friendship. If Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee could defeat the one ring. Then we too can get through this spiritual warfare we all encounter everyday. Hard work and Love conquer all! 

1 Timothy 6:12 



Flannel Shirt // (similar)
Shirt //
Purse// thrifted 
Flats // (similar)

*Photo credit by Barista Mommy*

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to have found your blog! Go Catholics & modesty--woo! Can't wait to see what you have in store for the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mariah! Yes,I can't wait to see what God has in store for my blog. Prayers would be much appreciated.
      Im so happy I stumbled upon your blog too!

      Delete
  2. Love the tee! Very awesome- Tolkien is the best!

    ReplyDelete